Is there anything that can be called a perfect wedding venue?
After your engagement, the first thing that comes to mind is getting a perfect wedding venue for the wedding. But trust us, finding the right doesn’t always come with a “wow” moment. There are some venues that are so beautiful and even check the top priorities or ideal because they work with your top priorities, but still, you want a venue that checks every single one of your big-day must haves? You do maybe. But mostly the couples go for the best of the available options. Whatever venue you visit, it will have its limitations and maybe you do have to make some compromises while booking the space. While going through the booking process you have to keep your top priorities which will give you a strong feeling about your decision and even optimistic about it too.
While writing down your venue priorities, you also need to write things that you are willing to compromise on and settle on the venue. And with that, you also need to answer the following questions. You have to question yourself about what things you are flexible about and what are the deal breakers?
So, here’s a list of questions that you need to ask yourself as well as venue managers while visiting them…
- Do you see yourself getting married here? How does the venue look? Does the venue’s aesthetic match your envisioned wedding, or does it need to change its décor?
- Is the location feasible? Does it have rooms or are there any hotels nearby?
- What’s the cut-off time? Does the venue have a rigid policy?
- What about music restrictions? If they do have any, can it be managed the venue staff?
- How many guests it can accommodate? Does it need extra space for the rituals?
- Will the venue staff help in coordinating the event, or do you need an extra person to do that?
- Can you get your own vendors on board like the caterer or the valet?
- Do they have a backup plan for a rainy day situation? Will it be charged extra?
- How many cars can be parked?
- What is their cancellation policy? Do they refund the amount?
- What does their package include?
- Is that venue within your budget?
The above-mentioned questions nearly include everything. Plus, there are many ways in which you can compromise and then work with them if you are really keen on booking the venue. All you need to be is candid with your partner about your venue deal breakers. Also, talk through the things that can’t be changed and then only book the wedding venue.
Leave a Reply